Wednesday, January 8, 2014

OF OLD AND NEW LAW-TABLES...ZARATHUSTRA

"There is an old delusion that is called good and evil. Up to now, this delusion has orbited about prophets and astrologers.
Once people believed in prophets and astrologers: and therefore believed: 'Everything is fate: you shall, for you must!'
Then again people mistrusted all prophets and astrologers: and therefore people believed: 'Everything is freedom: you can, for you will!'
O my brothers, up to now there has been only supposition, not knowledge, concerning the stars and the future: and therefore there has hitherto been only supposition, not knowledge, concerning good and evil!"
-Thus Spoke Zarathustra: Of Old and New Law-tables 9

The above excerpt has been my state of questioning in recent thoughts. Predominately the validity in the concepts of 'good and evil'....or fate and destiny; and to the reality of the equation- truth and will. Belief, if you will, that correlates the fragments altogether; forming a sort of 'truth' unshakable to those who's eyes are closed, and comfort to those who seek security in a cookie cut solution.

Is there not more? Aren't these 'concepts' merely that; concepts? Waste passed down hidden under doctrines that produce entrapment? A sort of authoritarian enslaving to keep ones soul at bay? To keep one from asking too many questions that could inherently spark change- a becoming? A becoming of one much stronger than man's dogma of control, of order; but a movement and a right to knowledge. A search for the real. For change. To be burnt in pursuit of higher grounds. Is that not the point of rebellion in the onset?

I have heard people say that ignorance is bliss... I have heard people say that knowledge is evil... I have also heard those same people express more fear and terror of living life than of anyone else I know. Ignorance is not bliss, it is just ignorance. As far as knowledge being evil...according to who? Who determines what is evil? What is good? Why is it that I am "supposed" to adhere to what is considered evil and good? Control-order-conformity. No, not for me-not today.

I choose to go with my own reason, my own logic...I don't believe what you say because you said it, tell me why you said it. If it bears in agreement within, I will honor it. Otherwise it's merely your perception, your opinion. I have learned that I am an ever-changing individual who's structures and beliefs so rapidly change that I quit trying to keep up. I now just, roll with it. I bask in the vastness being opened up to me, as I choose to search it out.

To me...ignorance, if settled for, is the evil (for lack of a better word). How canst one grow with closed eyes and a comfortable state of numbness? Whats the point? There is more...

"Willing liberates: for willing is creating: thus I teach. And you should learn only for creating."

There are those who settle in life, there are those who avoid life, and there are those who seek to truly live life. There are perplexed combinations of all walks, varying opinions, emotions, beliefs, and perspectives; there are leaders and followers, questioners and solvers; there are those who are simply apathetic and spineless- I have been all of these.

So now a new approach. Push the limits, question everything- for the sake of logic- grow in the direction I am taken, learn to fly.

Allow jumbled thoughts to be random outlets, as written here....

(Originally written January 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment