Thursday, January 9, 2014

Life 50 years from now...

Dear Self in 50 years,

At 80 years old I hope you can look back and say that you lived the life you wanted to live thus far, and that you accomplished what you set out to do, whatever that may be and however many times that may have changed.

I hope that you can say that you did the very best you could as a mother, as a wife, as a daughter/granddaughter, and whatever other roles you had.

I hope you can say that you wrote everything you wanted to write, that you read everything that you wanted to read, that you painted everything that you wanted to paint, and that you studied everything you wanted to study.

I hope that you can say you made it to France, Italy, and New York.

I hope you can say that you treated your body as the temple it is, with healthy eating and (dare I say it) exercise, with meditation and discipline, and I hope you decorated it with whatever tattoos you wanted.

And finally, I hope that you learned to love yourself as you always should have, in spite of your mistakes and your humanism, I hope that you can look back with no regret.

Sincerely,

Self at 30 years

No comments:

Post a Comment