Wednesday, January 8, 2014

UNDENIABLE BEAUTY

Staring at the tar filled landscape in front of me I found myself deep in thought about just how beautiful life really is. My attention was turned to an oil slicked water puddle growing in size as the rain continued to fall. With every single drop a perfectly circular ripple manifested. I watched the circles start small, grow, and combine with the other ones. The intricately formed waves reminded me to find beauty amongst even the most unattractive situations. A dirty, smelly, oily parking lot full of trash and waste held a puddle that created beautiful patterns as each drop of rain fell from above. In the past 3 years of my life I have been given "a new pair of glasses" or a changed perception if you will. So much in life gets overlooked and taken for granted. So many people spend their time focusing on the negative side of life and missing the opportunity to open their eyes and truly see how much beauty can be found even in the most unbearable situations. I strive to find beauty in all things, to never lose hope, to never stop dreaming, and to always believe there is more than meets the eye. I'm so intensely emotional... I feel everything and I appreciate my feelings for what they are-all of my feelings; be it fear, anger, worry, or even pain. Most importantly I appreciate the ability to love regardless of what's going on in my life and to give love whether or not it is given back. Coming out of such horrendous pain where I saw only the bleak and miserable side of living, to now feeling like the boy from American Beauty video taping the wind blown bag explaining why its beautiful; comes as a direct result in my opinion from a spiritual awakening. Sometimes I get so caught up in awe at life that I feel as though I should be skipping down the yellow brick road with rose petals falling out of my ass. I want so badly to share how I feel but I keep it inside until I'm ready to burst. I want to yell from the roof tops, sing in the streets, and paint the city with love...LOL!! Buddha says "be the change you want to see"... If people only knew just how beautiful life can be regardless of circumstances, situations, or pain. I have so much love to give and so much to learn... I stand for justice and diplomacy, I believe in honesty and tolerance, I never apologize for being me, and I love with everything that I have and all that I am...Life is undeniable beauty

(Originally written December 2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment